Book Review: Steal Like an Artist



"Soon after, you learn that most of the world doesn't necessarily care about what you think. ...It's not that people are mean or cruel, they're just busy."

The truth is I've been struggling myself with how I can become more creative. And this book helped me a lot. Sometimes, our tendency to become perfectionists and unique gets in the way. Now, I have the motivation to get started. For years, I've struggled with how I can ever finish my novel and even start my business. I suck because of procrastinating and wanting to do the perfect job the first time (which is impossible).

I finished reading the book in just one sitting. If you want to buy this book, Do not buy the E-book. Buy the hard copy tangible book. It is worth it. The space is worth it. Put this book in your library or shelf where you can always have a reference when you get stuck or blank and struggling on what to do next. 

I think the most important advice is on the book cover itself. That is: Copy or Imitate your idols. Because no one can ever copy the exact same thing, it will become original. 

The only thing I cannot follow his advice on is separating the digital and analog. It's just not me. I'm too lazy to write things in a notebook. My best friend is my laptop. I've tried and failed to use my notebook. It's just hard. I find having my own laptop is more convenient for me. I also cannot do the calendar method. Being so busy and having 2 jobs makes this impossible. So what I do is not to make it every day but I just lessen the frequency but not every day. And it's still in my routine.

Overall, the book is a must-read for those people who needs more creative juices.

My rating: 


 


Comments